Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Group Policy Issue in WinXP Home

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a laptop running Windows XP Home. I have just finished with a severe 3 day bout with a Trojan Horse Virus and Spy Sheriff. Thanks to some of your posts on the Spy Sheriff subject :tazz: , I think I finally have it contained. The only remaining issue is that certain aspects of the Control Panel are supposedly now controlled by "Group Policies". The main functions I am concerned with are desktop functions and the XP SP2 firewall functionality. When I look in the registry for the Group Policies attributes, I don't find them where they are located in XP Professional. I need help in releasing the hold that these group policies have on these functions.