Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No Video Signal New Build

• Please log in to reply

johnin

johnin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Just put together a new system with a refurbished Gigabyte GA-7VKLM and when I went to start up all I got was "No Signal" on monitor, no post, no beep or anything, Checked monitor is ok.Mobo has built in video. Everything appears to be working, fans, hard drive, etc, but no video. Just want to know what would be my next step. Iam using a AMD 1200 Athlon. If there is no beep does it mean the cpu is shot. Any advice would be appreciated. Is the video gone on the mobo(mobo shot)?
Thanks in advance.
Bootsiesnail

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Try this guide and post back what you find or any questions

After trying the guide you may want to try a video card to see if it is the onboard video.

What ram are you using?

Rick

johnin

johnin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, will try all of this - somehow I think it might be the clear CMOS but no jumpers so I guess I just have to remove the battery. I'll try that first. Not sure of the Ram, bought from the local computer store as their"High Quality" Ram.(256/2700DDr)
Thanks again

Edited by johnin, 28 June 2005 - 10:14 PM.