Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My sons Computer has 3 viruses and cannot delete

• Please log in to reply

Rt4957

Rt4957

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,,New to forum.

My son has a HP m1070n computer that is "stock",no adjustments or improvements.
It does has a Nortons Systemworks Anti Virus program.

The other day while logging on,,a "Your system is infected" allon popped up on the toolbar.
I ran the Norton and it found 3 Viruses.
I also ran the Anti Spyware Program and deleted all (12) Spywares that were there.

The Norton is unable to repair,quarantine nor delete the viruses.

The Viruses are as follows.

Counter.exe Trojan Adwaheck.

1ed s7 c 9 exe Download Trojan

Wininet.dll Bloodhound.W32.EP

I tried getting on line with his computer to get the programs that I viewed here last night,but I am unable to get online with AOL,,it gets to the "Talking to network" screen then gives an "Unable to connect" window.

What can I do to clean his computer up?

My computer that I`m using is unaffected and was wondering if I can download the needed programs to disc off of this computer to load into his.

At wits end,,Can you help?

Thank You
Phil/Rt4957

Advertisements

Rt4957

Rt4957

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hate to bump but really need help

Thanks for any

Phil

*Edited by an Administrator

Hello! Bumping your thread will not get you helped any quicker, as we look for threads with no replies. Also, we work from oldest to newest, and currently are working on logs that have been posted three to five days ago , sometimes even older. Please be patient with us. We are working as fast as we can without compromising the integrity of our work.

While you are waiting, you can try downloading the programs onto a disc and running them on the infected computer. Download Ewido to your uninfected pc, and then update it...then burn the program to a disc and run it in the infected machine. I hope that helps some!

Edited by ~Kat~, 28 June 2005 - 09:14 PM.

Rt4957

Rt4957

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
To Admin

Please close/delete thread

Took offending computer to professionally fix

I would have meesed it up otherwise

Thank you
Phil/Rt4957

P/S Sorry for the impatience/bumped thread before