Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sONY pvm-4300 45" mONITOR

• Please log in to reply

zippytdewda

zippytdewda

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: I have a sony pvm-4300 monitor (a monster 45") that I can't figure out how to connect the cpu to ----I knwo very little about these ---I have the 5 part BNC? cable (R G B V/H v) but it doesn't seem to do anything except bring up a lot of clutter on the screen-----the directions in the manual seem pretty simple but nothing seems to work. I believe its something simple but its beyond me--pleas help if you can or direct me to where and/or how I can figure this out--thanks

Advertisements

omnicow

omnicow

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello!

If there is anyone out there who still has this model of monitor, please email me at: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If anyone would sell one, I will gladly pay for the monitor and its safe transport. If you don't want to get rid of it, I would love to have a photo at least.

Thank you!

Edit by phillpower2: Removed email address for security.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

If anyone that reads this can help omnicow please reply in this thread and without including any contact details that are likely to result in you being bombarded with spam.

JungleCat

JungleCat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This PVM-4300 needs to be restored, it could be dangerous to the hardware to run in an unrestored state. This is a unexplainably rare monitor if you really have this please contact me. So little information is available for this monitor (as you can tell probably by trying to find help with it) some claim this monitor never even existed.i fully understand its 400+ pounds but this needs to be looked at by someone. The internals of this arent even public documented. Actually nothing is other than a magazine ad and a news report from the 90s. This is a serious piece of history that needs to be preserved. Few people know how to do this work. Please contact me and do not let anything less than a professional under the shell of the monitor. This is not a tv this is a professional video monitor. Ive looked for this tv like bigfoot. Cant explain what it would mean to even get the internals documented and available for the public after all these years. This isnt just a big monitor. You have the single largest cathode ray tube monitor ever sold to the public. You may see similar sizes with wegas but they used digital. CRTs are favored by retro game collectors due to there lack if input delay from the controller and console to the tv because the image is never inside a chip being proccessed. Please contact me, depending where you are i can advise on where would be closest and best to get work done and any other help you need. Ive told people for years id travel across the world just to see this monitor in person. I just hope you find this. Thank you for your time, stay safe.