Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Networking - Sharing Files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ldbonner

ldbonner

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I am currently working out the kinks in my network. I have a Desktop, a laptop, in addition to my work computer.

I am trying to figure out how to sync my folders so I have my files/folder updated.

i.e.

Bring home files from work computer and put them on desktop folder. Then if I want to access, update, and share the file with my Laptop.

also

what do I do if I want to place traveldrive files on my laptop then sync back to my desktop?

This might be a more complicated problem than I think, but anyone who is experiencing similar problems I am open to ANY solution to simplify a way to keep my files updated on all systems.

thanks

Advertisements

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
windows does have s syncronisation thing i know this because my laptop use to do it at work no idea how to configure it i know ours is done via server but we have a propper domain, with active directory ect.

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
You can configure a Breifcase to do the sync process, or go to My Computer -> Tools -> Sync and setup, there you can specify your sync options and what you like to sync.