Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No music to groove to

• Please log in to reply

Harpo

Harpo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Just last weekend I got a bad case of smitfraud.c...I managed to kill it and while trying to get things back to normal, I reinstalled windows XP. Now everythings cool except no sound...no system sounds no mp3, no cd music. ;)

I have a SoundMAX Digital AUdio sound card. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver several times. There are no exclamation marks or anything like that in device manager. The sound card states that it is enabled and working properly.

When I play an MP3 or CD in WMP it plays but no sound. There were no sound problems before last weekend. Please Help! :tazz:

Advertisements

Harpo

Harpo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Oh Yeah, once when trying to playa sound...I got a message that said my sound card was being used...