Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

nVidia Geforce 6200

• Please log in to reply

VGamr

VGamr

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
i need some help i need to know if this video card is good its a nVidia Geforce 6200 and when im putting it in my computer do i put it in the top slot of where my network cards go where there are no white slots?i know nothing on how to install this so could some tell me a detailed direction since my original vid card is built in?thnx ppl :tazz:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I searched google and found http://techreport.co...00/index.x?pg=1 This identifies the
nVidia Geforce 6200 as a PCI card that should work in any of your available PCI slots. However, to make it work you will first have to go into the bios and disable the on board video. There may be a place in your bios to enable AGP video, but keep in mind, this is not a AGP card, it is a PCI card. PCI slots are usually just plug and play. There may or may not be a requirement to enable PCI video in your bios. Check it carefully.

If you choose to install the new video card, make sure you have the current driver for it. Then be aware you should do the following: Then go to http://www.drivercleaner.net/ and get Driver Cleaner (it is free). Then go to add/remove programs and remove the current vidoe driver. Then boot into safe mode and run Driver Cleaner TWICE, each time deleting all that it finds. Then re-boot and install the current driver.

Edited by austin_o, 29 June 2005 - 07:37 AM.

VGamr

VGamr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
thnx 4 yur help just one question how do i figure out if i have an up to date driver and if i dont then what do i do?

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
go to the video manufacturers web page and look for the most current driver they have for this card. http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

VGamr

VGamr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
thnx dude

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
When you ask if this card is "good" my answer is this: It will easilly be able to do most anything you want it to, including most games. But newer, higher end games probably won't work with this card. But of course, if you don't plan on using this card for gaming, then you're good to go!

VGamr

VGamr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
o man i jus found out that i have no agp or pci express slot dam u dell :tazz: !!!! i have to get the nvidia geforce 5500 ultra pci card lol this sux but they said it would still be able to run the games i wanna play and for 146 bucks!!! sale lol