Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook Express Help Plz

• Please log in to reply

coasttech

coasttech

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
I have a client that needs her address book from outlook express. Her computer had been formatted and her old computer where she needs to get the address book from is a Norton Ghost Img file.

I don’t have her computer so I can not just boot up with the old img file. Where is the address book stored on the computer?? Is there and recovery software out there that can help?

I have found some, that can get the addresses form the .dbx files …but thats not the address book now is it!

Anyone? :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
C:\Documents and Settings\{profile name}\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

file should be

something.wab

coasttech

coasttech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Never mind figured it out ...thx

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
The address book for OE is called "wab" (Windows Address Book)
C>Doc&Settings>User Name>Application Data>Microsoft>Address Book

Johanna

coasttech

coasttech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
thanks gerryf ...i thought .wab at first could only be made by exporting your address book. i did not know it was the extension that the program it self used. i did a search for the .wab on the mounted Norton ghost img and found it there.

Learnt something new :tazz: