Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help network problem in Iraq

• Please log in to reply

kenji

kenji

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: Hey guys need help, I am trying to spread the bandwidth evenly among the computers on a made network here in Iraq, we are getting internet from a satellite company but some of these yahoos are not playing fair and are sucking all the bandwidth up. Is there a program that would do that for me, that way everyone could at least check their email and chat with their families back home...

thanks
kenji

Advertisements

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Well, I'm not quite sure how you would go about that. I suppose it would depend on exactly how the internet is distributed after the satellite ISP gets it to you. But one suggestion, if those "yahoos" are tying up that much bandwidth, that means they are probably doing something that takes and extreme amount of it to begin with like games or downloading music/movies/etc. What I would do, is set up a firewall to block all that traffic. Only allow connections to go out if they are destined for ports 80, 443, 25, 110, or 995. This would only allow people to use the internet connection for just web browsing or sending/receiving email. No more games or obnoxious downloads that munches up all the bandwidth.

Greazy Mcgeezy