Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Newbie Says help?

• Please log in to reply

markvs

markvs

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a list of things i find when I ctrl-alt-del, some i can figure out, but others ???

My list;
smtray
Brmfrmpa
avgamsvr
Brmfrsmg

:tazz:
I thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to give me.

Advertisements

stallionsims

stallionsims

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
hi,
i searched for the processes in google and found these results.
see if this is helpful! post for any queries!
1.smtray.exe is a installed with Sound cards with ADI chipsets. This process merely places an icon on the system tray for easy access to SoundMAX diagnostic features. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling this is down to user preference
2.BrmfRmPA.exe -Brother resource manager - needed for a Brother MFC printer/copier/scanner and PC to properly communicate
3. avgamsvr.exe is a part of the Grisoft Internet security suite and is essential for the secure and safe operation of your computer. Protects against viruses, spywares, worms and trojans. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.
4. BRMFRSMG.EXE is a process which is used by the Brother Print Processor (the Brother Print processor is an integral part of most Brother printer drivers). Terminating these processes will cause your PC to not be able to communicate with the Brother device if it is connected via the Parallel, USB. This program is non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.
:tazz:

markvs

markvs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you very muchly, now i know what to shut down, hopefully it will give me a little more speed, woeful that it is at the present :tazz: ;) ;)