Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DESPERATELY NEEDE YOUR HELP

• Please log in to reply

micz

micz

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz: Hi! Hope you guys can help me, I'm really desperate to fix it on MY OWN.

Recently, my problem is FATAL SYSTEM ERROR so i find different ways to fix my pc's problem. (btw, my OS is XP). I tried uninstalling critical patches but it doesnt work. By the way, that's not my problem anymore I just wanted to tell you the main reason.

Well, i tried to install a fresh copy of Win XP to my PC (to end that problem that I mentioned a while ago). I have two partitions (drive c and drive d). I installed the OS on drive C which my so many files were located and some installers,programs etc. After the installation all my files were lost, (i know that thing will happen). But when I checked drive c all the program files do exists but none of them doesnt work well. It was suggested to install all those program files again..

The questions are,,,,,,
1. Do i really need to install them AGAIN????????? Or there's an easier way?????
2. Is there a way where I can recover all my files on drive c???????????? How??????????? Are they totally lost?????????

Pls.HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

THNX A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Hi and Welcome,

Few questions for you:

1.) Did you format and reinstall?
2.) If you didn't format and reinstall how did you reinstall the OS?

Now, if you reformatted and reinstalled, you will most likley not be able to recover the files, and yes, you will have to reinstall all the programs. Also, since you just reinstalled make sure you run Microsoft Update aka Windows Updates.

B

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
if you can still see the programs then you have installed your OS on a different partition.

and NO you can't use the programs installed on another OS, you will need to install it on the new OS.

I am not sure where you keep all your files, do you keep them in my document or where?