Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dr. Watson Post Mortem error-spyware?

• Please log in to reply

wisegrl

wisegrl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: Hello all. Here is my issue: I have Windows OS XP. I own a HP. The other day I received an email that had my return e-mail address on it except the extension after my name was different. I opened it and extracted it in my zip file. I thought that I may have sent an email to my home from work and that is why I opened it. Big Mistake. Ever since then, I cannot do anything with my computer. I turn it on and it I get my desktop. As soon as my desktop appears I get a message saying "Dr. Watson Post Mortem debugger has encountered a problem and needs to shut down". It does nothing else. It just crashes. I think I may have downloaded a virus. I need help on how to get into my computer to trouble shoot it. I cant even get into any files or the internet. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements