Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with assorted programs

• Please log in to reply

Slave1

Slave1

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello i am having some trouble with a few little pieces on my PC and im looking for some sound guidance that you guys always seem to give out. These are some of the problems that im looking to solve. My Internet connection tends to drop out (i have dial up) on occasion especially when i run MSN Messenger or use Microsoft Word . I also am having this little annoyance with my keyboard where i seem to be able to type faster than it can register (make the words appear) and all my direction keys and delete key will not repeat if i hold it down even though just about every other key will. I also have a problem with using Winamp or any other media player and typing at the same time, if i do this everything really slows down. Its all got me beat, so if you could give me some help or point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Thank you.

Advertisements

Night_Shift

Night_Shift

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Hello i am having some trouble with a few little pieces on my PC and im looking for some sound guidance that you guys always seem to give out. These are some of the problems that im looking to solve. My Internet connection tends to drop out (i have dial up) on occasion especially when i run MSN Messenger or use Microsoft Word . I also am having this little annoyance with my keyboard where i seem to be able to type faster than it can register (make the words appear) and all my direction keys and delete key will not repeat if i hold it down even though just about every other key will. I also have a problem with using Winamp or any other media player and typing at the same time, if i do this everything really slows down. Its all got me beat, so if you could give me some help or point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Thank you.

View Post

Okay SLave1:
this is probably because either:your keyboard sucks
: not connected properly(installing hardware for it[rare nowadays])
You might wanna check your control panel and see if it can do anything for you. I guess that's it for me. i hope it helps :tazz: if it doesn't, then what can i say, I'm only 12 haha

willow28

willow28

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
First of all I would need to know what System Hardware you have such as CPU, Memory, Hard drive space etc...
Second of all I would have to ask how long it has been since you defragmented your Hard drive and how old your keyboard is.

If you believe that the lagging should NOT be caused by these things and your problem seems to be unusual, then try posting a HJT Log in the Malware Removal Tread of this Forum. (Sometimes unwanted nasties can slow your PC Down and take over your browsers and such.)

BUT, make sure you go >!!!HERE!!!< first and read the instructions for posting a HJT Log (you will find the HJT Log Download there under Step-5.)

As far as your dial-up is concerned... That's why I now have Cable. :tazz: