Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player vs. Realplayer

• Please log in to reply

Night_Shift

Night_Shift

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
okay, well I haven't got a realplayer because I've heared anything with "real" in it is spyware, but somehow i don't think it's true, but if it is, then okay it is. The only thing is that, media player is a little heavier on the system other than realplayer which is a good program that doesn't take too much to load PLUS unlike media player it's got smooth playback to it(if your computer is slow, you won't be able to use media that well so i guess i recommend realplayer) if you're having problems with codecs I have some solutions (in another form around where this is) :tazz: Peace

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
realplayer has security issues that have yet to be addressed. also it is a resource hog. More often than not I end up removing it to resolve resource/performance issues.