Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

6800gt or 6800ultra

• Please log in to reply

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
I got a summer job and I wanna spend some cash. Should I buy a 6800gt or an Ultra. I don't want to spend too much money because Im also buying a new PSU, Sound Card, Speakers, Headset, Motherboard (my current one just died...friggin ecs). i know theUltra is way better but is it realy that much better. I mean like more than 5 fps better.

Advertisements

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Go for the ULTRA mate its seems tht it runs a little bit better on some games so ultra i wud go for :tazz:

chopyaedoff

chopyaedoff

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
the 7800gtx is better than a 6800ultra ~25fps more at max detail in doom3 yet not much more money

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Im not gettin the 7800gtx becuase Im only making 1k this summer and the speakers ...etc. are 300$ so I got $600 left and I want to have some cash left over to buy games during the not work seasons. Now...since Im doing some pretty cool projects as a 15 year old (Such as setting up WIFI in a Marina). I may get some bonuses. If I get some bonuses then Ill buy the 7800gtx becuase I installed one for a friend of mine and as soon as I started HL2 on max res with full settings (even AA) and looks at his FPS. I became one loathesome SOB.

BTW....Im also considering waiting for ATI to announce its new chip because it is supposed to r0xx0r!!!

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
He said which is better 6800GT or 6800 ULTRA he didnt want another card mentioning the GEFORCE 7800GTX did he so why mention it

Plus take a look at this http://www.neoseeker...ews/G70preview/