Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop to TV problem

• Please log in to reply

JonathanR

JonathanR

• Pip
  • 4 posts
There is a plug in where I can plug a standard video cable to on the back of my HP laptop. You know the yellow cable that also plugs into the yellow port on your television, dvd plyer or vcr. The cable that is also used along with the red and white cables.Yellow is video while red and white is audio. Well enough describing the cable. There is a port on the back where i can plug a yellow cable from my laptop to my tv. Now back when this pc ran off win 2000 i could just right click on the desktop and then choose to "output to television." but now that win xp is installed, I don't seem to see a way to connect to the television like before. can anyone help me?

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
right click go to properties. From there go to settings then advanced. from there click displays and make sure that the T.V. Is clicked.