Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

winxp HELP

• Please log in to reply

rob822

rob822

• Pip
  • 3 posts
recently i was using WEBSHOTS for some desktop wallpaper. Nice but.....now when i go to add some new wallpaper or even try to use a screensaver, my desktop is cut in half and what appeare to be folder information (all in a grey block
with different things you cand do when you open a folder) it won't allow me to drag and drop anything on my desktop and my recycle bin icon (wastebasket) dissappeared. I've tried to get rid of everything associated with Webshots, But i'm still having a problem...Anyone out there that can help.I'd appreciate it

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go! :tazz: I'm kool808 .

Please read THIS

======================

Click Start > Run > Regedit, locate these:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

======================

Tell me how your system works after running the recommend scans.

rob822

rob822

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks kool808. but i came across a line on the very problem that i HAD!!!! it was from Dougs Windows Tweaks and Tips....XP CommonTasks.exe. I had a common task on my desktop and couldn't get rid of it. some how something in my reg got changed....imagine that.....anyway,thanks for the help but all is fine now....
rob822