Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bad video file quality

• Please log in to reply

theiloth

theiloth

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello

my problem is starting to annoy me due to circumstance, right after a clean install due to AOL related problems, and then realising i accidentily created a new 20GB partition for the setup i get this.

Basically most video files are low quality and really bright. These include streaming video (IGN, Winamp, etc.(not Qucktime files)) and AVI files (WMP10, DivX) and VOB files (PowerDVD). Also WMP10 crashes when i open WMV files.

I've just installed the XVID, DivX and DVD Decoder drivers to no avail, and have also reinstalled the driver for my graphics card (GForce FX5200)

If any other info is need i have 1GB RAM (not fast RAM or anthing special, yust lots of the MB), an Athlon 2600+ and not much else mentionable, unless your into 3G ipods.

Advertisements

theiloth

theiloth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
erm, i'm sure someone knows what to do... come on...

akihitochan

akihitochan

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm having which seems to be the exact same problem. http://www.geekstogo...elp-t40658.html

Edit: Check out my edit on that post. My videos are working again just by installing older drivers. Link: http://www.techspot....indows-XP-2000/
for XP, I'm sure you can find them for other versions of Windows too.

Edited by akihitochan, 30 June 2005 - 10:41 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yes the latest version of nvidia drivers are causing lots of problems. go back the the 71.xx version and you should be ok.

starjax

theiloth

theiloth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Yes, the new driver was problematic, i installed an older driver and it all worked fine, the new driver stopped half-life 2 working as well.

Thanks for the help.