Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP report wrong number RAM

• Please log in to reply

BeeBoy

BeeBoy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Capture2.gif Hi, every one. I've got a question about my notebook, yesterday i just notices something wrong with my notebook. its getting slower then i'd find the problem. i've got..

- Windows XP report 256MB of RAM existed!! ;) , i'm actually got 512MB installed ;)

Does anyone know how to fix this problem.. please do not tell me to reinstall systems again.. i'll save it as last choice.. :help:

Thanks in advanced :help:

ps: sorry for my funny english.. :tazz: i'm not a native speaker :help:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Did you just install new memory? Is this an older computer? Different computers can only access a certain size of ram, but without knowing what kind of computer you have we can't tell. Actually if you Google your make and model, plus memory you will find links to companies that supply memory and they will tell you how much memory and in what configration your computer can use.

BeeBoy

BeeBoy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank for your suggestion. here's the detail..

i'm using ACER TravelMate C302XMi The rough specs are:
• Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005
• 1.6 GHz Centrino
• 512 MB RAM <<-- this's pre installed RAM i didn't do any thing with its hardware!!
• Built-in DVD-RW
• Built-in 802.11b/g
• Built-in Bluetooth

it work fine since i've bought, until last week i don't know what's going on?, i've done many thing during that time, like..

- i'm restored system from Restore CDs since it've been 6 months pass and this notebook is getting slow
- then i'm install softwares i needed to work.. like VS2k3, MSDN, MsOffice2k3 etc.

then last few days, its feel slow response while i work, it cause me to looking for problem that describe above..

is this information enough :tazz: , hope it ok.. ;)

and Thanks again for any help! ;)