I do not have AdAware, CWShredder or Spyware active.
The problems I have experiened are;
- Can't use any software
- Can't download any software
- IE running slowly
- Can't save any pages to favourites on IE
- PC hangs on IE pages & sometimes with control panel
- Programs not responding
- Can't print
- Reporting rundll32.exe errors
After searching for help, I have tried (with no joy);
- Searching for rundll32.exe file (found)
- Scanning PC for virus using Norton (it got stuck after 10 hours of scanning)
- Scanning for virus using Trend. It wouldn't work.
- Restoring to an older date
- Running in Safe Mode
- Clean boot
- Downloading fixes (SPyware, CWShredder, AdAware) but I can't download anything
I do not have the original copy of Windows as I bought the PC second hand.
So, I cant run the disc over the top.
It seems to me that I may have a virus.
What do I do?
I think I need to buy an original copy of Windows (XP Home & no Professional as Professional seems overpriced & PC is only used for home use).
How do I save my films, pictures & music to a disc if I can't run my CD creator software? Also, how do I save things to disc as a compressed file (i.e save several music albums or films to one disc). Is this called a data CD?
How do I wipe my computer clean so I can load a new OS?