Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Certain keys on keyboard not working after virus

• Please log in to reply

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey there
I'm not sure if it is responsible, but certain keys on my keyboard have all of a sudden stopped working, around the same sort of time as I was hit by the Smitfraud Trojan virus. I'm able to use the majority of them but, every now and again I'll find a random key that refuses to work. It depresses but nothing is outputted. The main victims appear to be the 1 - 4, 7 - 0 keys - not on numeric keypad however - which obviously affects the shift symbols above them too.
It's starting to get really frustrating now and I cannot work out what is causing it. I have managed to free my computer of the hideous virus and seem to have cleared it all up, apart from this problem. It also cannot be a fault of the keyboard as I have only had it 2 or 3 months - it is a BNI illuminated compact keyboard.

If anyone could help or knows of similar circumstances I would be extremely grateful for some assistance.

Thanks

Edited by mikewazowski, 29 June 2005 - 03:44 PM.

Advertisements