Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer is driving me NUTS!

• Please log in to reply

elite

elite

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Ive been having probs with my computer for about a month now. Thanks to the people at GTG it's better however the problem hasnt vanished! It has wintools in the registry thats what the panda activescan tells me but all the hijackthis logs are clean! there is absolutely no sign of foul play. Then it also has VX2/f spybot picks it up but is unable to delete it. It doesn't identify which file/folder its in.

Lastly, the bloody computer keeps shutting donw on its own its like ufff i've had it seriously there is so much a girl can take! a computer going bonkers is not it! Anyways ive tried absolutely EVERYTHING. oh btw did i mention that it shuts down even in safe mode when i am scanning for virusses or running registry mechanic.

Anytime i listen to music it shuts down right away .. this is buzurk .. please help me!

thank you :tazz:

Event Viewer gives the following reason for the random shut downs :

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service hung on starting.

The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

Edited by elite, 29 June 2005 - 04:19 PM.

Advertisements

elite

elite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
hmm should i just boot my system? hmm ..

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
your thread is still ongoing in the malware section with a request that you download and install another program...please check that thread

elite

elite

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
as I mentioned there that I am unable to run root kit revealer because while running it shuts down. However, would u know of a tutorial found on the net for booting xp? or simply starting from scratch.