Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Crashy crashy

• Please log in to reply

mop666

mop666

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
wasn't sure where to post this so umm.. sry if i i'm wrong
my pc is killing.. in the last couple of days my comp has started to a couple of realy wierd things... for example, is i play a fullscreen game then after couple of minutes the game sorta Alt-Tab and goes to desktop... if i'm in a certain window (MY computer, Explorer itc.) then after a few minutes i'll deselect then window i'm in
got any idea what should i do? :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
alt-tab implies the game is still running...is it?

mop666

mop666

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
yes is it still running but it is not the point... i'm about the fact that it Alt-Tabs in the first place, how can i fix that?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
i would suspect a macro or hotkey program that detects keyboard combos that have these impacts

mop666

mop666

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
so umm.. how can i fix it?

Idle-Brain

Idle-Brain

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I once had that too, but it can only ALT+TAB if there is a different window open than the game. Try it yourself, open just 1 window and try to ATL+TAB. I think it would do <windows>+<D>

See if your <windows> key isn't accidentally pressed when you press D. When you experience the desktop again or it deselects a windows, press the L button, if you log off, it is definitly that <windows> key.

Or maybe the key is stuck??? or it gets pressed together with CTRL or ALT. Maybe your fingers are a bit wrong and use that button without you even noticing it? And like Gerryf said: a Macro or Hotkey program could be the problem. Or some hacker? Update all of your software and download and run the Malware section: http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Just gave tons of tips and possible causes, I hope you appreciate it :tazz: your welcome.

mop666

mop666

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
YES! thx guys! i did the malware thing and now its all good
u're my heroes lol :tazz: