Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Card reader

• Please log in to reply

shell38

shell38

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Hi
Im running windows 98se and i use I APP card reader. The problem is i have been using this ok, up until i had to have my hardrive formated. The card reader worked fine and was easy to install. But when i tried to re install it i am having nothing but trouble. The only difference on my computer now is that before i was running windows 98 and now i have the se edition. According to the instructions this is fine anyway.

Now i have managed to install it once during my attempts but then it would not work. All i now get is this.

When installing by cd i get it has been installed succesful. But there are no icons for it on my computer. I tried to install it on my laptop which uses Millenium and it installed so easily. When i try to re-enstall it, it comes up with
Repair, modify, unistall. When i click on repair i get the following error come up

Error 1308 source not found
C;\windows\system\IN-WIN.IN verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I am totally confused as to why i cant now install this :tazz:
Please has anyone got any advice as to what is going on here

Many thanks
Shell ;)

Advertisements