Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No internet connection

• Please log in to reply

marknyc76

marknyc76

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Have cable modem with microsoft xp. Recently used spyware to clean system. Accidently deleted some necessary program. Restored computer and still have no internet connection. Re installed Microsoft xp and still have no connection. Is there anything else I can do. Thanks

Edited by marknyc76, 30 June 2005 - 05:41 PM.

Advertisements

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Ehh...you used spyware to clean your system? Sounds pretty nasty to me, that one. o_o Or did you mean you used anti-spyware? Get your wording correct, please - it does make for extremely bizarre and uncomfortable reading, especially when people post things like 'used spyware to clean system'.

Did you re-enable your Internet connection after reformatting? I use Starhub's cable modem service, and whenever I've reformatted the computer I'll need to re-establish Internet service separately. A silly question, I know, but you didn't mention doing any such thing in your post and that just seems like the single most obvious thing to do right after reformatting a PC. If you did and Internet connection is still missing from your computer, contact the support team of whichever service provider you are using.