Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Monitor problems

  • Please log in to reply



    New Member

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok... so I was sitting at the computer last night and all of the sudden my computer screen stretched out horozontally... so when i tried to fix it by changing the width... everything on the outer 2 inches of each side is really small and squished together... then in the middle the windows are big, fuzzy, and stretched out. It looks like the outer edges of the screen are curled backwards, but I'm not too sure. I think the model is Plug and Play... thats all it says, but the brand is Northgate. Please help!
  • 0




    Retired Staff

  • Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. There should be a series of buttons on the front of the monitor that allow you to access the setup menus. Try using these and getting it back to the way you want it. If they don't fix it, and you didn't do anything to cause it in the first place (like downloading and installing software) then I would suspect the monitor needs to be replaced. You could try connecting another monitor to this computer and see if it works ok. This would rule out the computer as being the cause, and confirm the monitor is bad.
  • 0

Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP