Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor problems

• Please log in to reply

TombxRaiderxA0D

TombxRaiderxA0D

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok... so I was sitting at the computer last night and all of the sudden my computer screen stretched out horozontally... so when i tried to fix it by changing the width... everything on the outer 2 inches of each side is really small and squished together... then in the middle the windows are big, fuzzy, and stretched out. It looks like the outer edges of the screen are curled backwards, but I'm not too sure. I think the model is Plug and Play... thats all it says, but the brand is Northgate. Please help!

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. There should be a series of buttons on the front of the monitor that allow you to access the setup menus. Try using these and getting it back to the way you want it. If they don't fix it, and you didn't do anything to cause it in the first place (like downloading and installing software) then I would suspect the monitor needs to be replaced. You could try connecting another monitor to this computer and see if it works ok. This would rule out the computer as being the cause, and confirm the monitor is bad.