Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I Need Help With virus That Is being processed T!

• Please log in to reply

running95

running95

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ok heres the deal: I have Windows Xp, I am using Aim 5.9 and every time I signed on or even off, a away message pops up saying "look at these pictures" or "look at her" and below that is a website for you to click on.The file names are allways the same (pictues.pif) i search all over my computer for this file. I have never been to this website Im not sure how to prevent this from happening I have ran Various Virus scans and live updates but the virus is still there.But below is this website that keeps poping up, if you have any information that can help please contact me A.S.A.P.!!

*Link removed by an Administrator as it was a direct link to the AIM virus*

P.s: I have even uninstalled and reinstalled Aol Instant Messenger (AIM) !!

Edited by ~Kat~, 29 June 2005 - 08:14 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Don't open the link, a .pif is a program information file and it may install a virus.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello and welcome to GeeksToGo. I removed the link you gave in your original post, as it was a direct link for the AIM virus, and we don't want anyone *else* from the site getting it!

You DO have the virus, and we can help you remove it safely and easily. Please go HERE and follow "Step 5: Posting a HijackThis Log". Once you post that in a NEW thread in the Malware REmoval Forum someone will be able to help you get your pc cleaned back up! :tazz: