Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

visiontek 9600xt locks up help

• Please log in to reply

miller4life

miller4life

• Pip
  • 7 posts
ok I bought 3 weekends ago a visiontek 9600 xt 128mb video card upgraged from a msi geforce mx440 with vivo. I have tried all the the drivers the one that came with the card the new cat. drivers and the omega drivers. I have install a artic cooling heat sink on the video card thinking maybe the card was getting to hot but nope still locks up. I have fast write set to off in the bios. And I run dual monitors. please any suggestions would be a big thank you. I am getting real tired of this video card

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Try running http://www.drivercleaner.net/ to remove any remenents of the old geforce driver and see if it helps

Rick

miller4life

miller4life

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks doby I ran driver clean and removed geforce remains. Played Brothers in Arms for about 2 hours and no lock ups or freezing thank for all you help.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Your welcome