Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wallpaper Change

• Please log in to reply

Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'd like to have a shortcut where when I click on it my wallpaper changes.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks
Cowboy

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Here are a few programs that I got by typing "change wallpaper" into Googel

Wall paper pro
Wallpaperchanger
Wallpaper-changer

if these are not what you want go and have a look a googel to fine something that is exactly what you want. I saw one that does I know for sure do what you want but I can not find it any more. Post a reply of your results.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 29 June 2005 - 08:19 PM.

Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I've tried allot of software but all I want is either a small exe that will change the wallpaper in a specific folder or a shortcut so when I click on either one my wallpaper just changes to a different one in that specific folder.

For instance c:\wallpapers

So if I had 100 wallpapers in that folder I just want to be able to click on something and have the wallpaper change. No aditional software would be ideal.

I've been Googling also and keep comin up empty handed.

Thanks

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I think I have found what you want. This program that I have put a link in for can be set to change your wallpaper with a hot key, in the test that i did F5. once install it will put a ican in the system tray right click this an chose Libery and add all the pictures that you want to this (it can scan a location for pictures if you wan't it to). then close the libery, right click the icon again and chose setting turn off auto change and then click on the hotkey tab and set the hot key as someting simple such as F5.

Any background

Edited by Michael Buckley, 29 June 2005 - 10:14 PM.