Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

touch pad ain't right

• Please log in to reply

frankwolftown

frankwolftown

• Pip
  • 8 posts
My touchpad has been acting up on me. I can't use the ouch scroll for some reason. I have Compaq laptop presario r3000. Do I need to give out more info?

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
try turning off the touchpad then shutting down. reboot and then turn it back on when windows loads if not you can download a driver update at the compaq website

frankwolftown

frankwolftown

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
How do turn off the touch pad? Do you do that one the control panel. Will my Win xp Cd To turn it back on?

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Yes, I think that you do it in the control panel under "mouse." But, in order to have the option available, make sure that you have connected a desktop mouse to the computer. I cannot think of any reason why you would need the Windows CD to turn it back on.

frankwolftown

frankwolftown

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I don't have a mouse. I need to get one. Got any sugestions?

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
It depends. Are you asking if I have any suggestions on a specific type of mouse? If so, then I have a few more questions. It depends on what you are going to be using it for. If you are going to play games and multimedia stuff like that, then you may want to consider a laser mouse. But I find that if you are using for just documents and web browsing, ball mouses still work great. Also, there are optical mouses. Go to a computer store of Office Max. They have mouses where you can feel them out. Look at the ones in your price range and which are for your uses/needs. And then see which ones feel most comfortable in your hand.

So, there are:
Wireless laser
Wired laser
Optical gaming

And each of these have special features for clicking (some on the side conviently for your fingers.) Some have better rollers and some are much smoother. But like I said, go ahead and test them out.

Sorry if you weren't talking about mouses :tazz:

frankwolftown

frankwolftown

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Wait. I found a mouse and I can use on my laptop but I still don't have the disable the touch pad. Its an Alps poining drvice. what now.

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
THERE SHOULD BE A BUTTON RIGHT ABOVE THE TOUCH PAD.