Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

An idea

• Please log in to reply

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
yesterday I got a PM form a new user that could not work out how to post a new topic and could not find any adminastraters to help. He said the he needed to know how and had chosen me because I did not have a "silly name." my surgestion would be to have at the top of the home foram a how to use this foram for new users link to a sight that explains how it in done. you Know all the simple things.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 12 August 2005 - 09:29 PM.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello there! At the top of every page, you will notice that there is a line that says "You must read this before you post a HIjackThis log" and a clickable link. That link will tell the users exactly HOW to get and use HJT, as well as easy-to-follow directions on how to POST said log.

It may be beneficial to make that line a bit larger, or bolded I will point this out to our site owner, and we'll see what we can do! :tazz:

Thanks for the suggestion! ;)

SmokyGirl

SmokyGirl

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Kat,
Sorry but I agree with the Michael's newbie, as I am also a newbie. I read thru how to post, ran all the software suggestions, but then had trouble with the link to post a new topic. It was quite frustrating trying to find another way to post. As it turns out, the New Topic I posted hasn't had a reply, so I'm thinking it should have been under a specific forum, although I don't know, as I am still trying to understand the proper procedures (without disobeying the rules).

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hi SmokyGirl! You did post your topic in the proper place, last night around 7:30 CST according to my page. We are so swamped on this site, it can take a few days for us to get around to all the new topics. We try very hard to keep up, but there is just so much Malware ou there, and so many people needing help.

Can you possibly tell me what exactly was confusing about the "Start here" thread? As in, what part of it makes it confusing, or makes you unclear on where/how to post? If we have a good idea of what isn't working, we can make some changes to make it easier! :tazz:

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
You must remember that many new members do not come in to this site useing the homepage, I did not. I found this sight by trying to find an answer to something useing Googel and ending up in one of the topics on this site, never looked at the home page for several weeks. I then I thought that this is the best online help site that I have every been on and joined. It then took me ten minetes to work out how to post. someone that dose not like to fiddle around or not that used to internet help foram would have a hard time working it out. Up the top of every foram there sould be a link that says how for those that need it (that never included me). :tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You mean like this?

Welcome! New Users Please Click Here!

It's on the top of this and many other forums in RED. :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I think that might be the ticket, admin..if we use that line in large bold red words. This may just be the easiest way!?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Well, I added this to the top of every page, we'll see if it helps: :tazz:

Need help starting a new topic? Click Here.

Cranky

Cranky

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Some new users (like myself) dont read the small black sentences.

Need help starting a new topic? Click Here.

[COLOR=red] Need help starting a new topic? Click Here.

Well you get my point above, even if I messed it up.

Edited by Cranky, 12 August 2005 - 09:08 PM.