Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

turning on PS withut out power switch?

• Please log in to reply

Tmoney

Tmoney

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
is it possble to turn on a PS with out the power supply switch(one connected to mobo)?

Edited by Tmoney, 29 June 2005 - 11:07 PM.

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Not really

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Yes, servers are often remotely activated. You can turn on a computer via the network adapter which can be a telephone or ethernet device, or by a serial port.

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Well Im assuming this guys power swithc busted. And most people don't have remote boot configured. Also..most motherboards except ones for servers don't support remote boot.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

If the power switch is the culprit or you want to check if it is follow the wirers from the case switch back to where the connect onto the mobo, disconnect them. Then very carefully touch the 2 pins they were connected to with a screw driver, when it starts remove the screw driver, this should start it up.

Rick

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
If the power switch is physically damaged. Consider replacing the case. If your skilled enough you may be able to replace the button

Tmoney

Tmoney

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I dont think i can pull of the remote switch option...cuz i dont have a server configured computer....but with more information i could find out if its possible.
The problem is that...i know the powersupply works(because i have two different ones). They both turn on all the LED's in my case. But when i hit the switch the mobo doesnt do anything. I tring to short the circut...but no success. Is it possible the circut "in" the mobo is damaged? thanks for the help