Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mic Wont Work!

• Please log in to reply

remixman

remixman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi i have a realtek with Soundman.exe. I have installed all the drivers, and checked that the Microphone is not on mute and vol is up in all places. Yet still i get nothing from the mic??? I tested the mic on my friends comp and it works for sure.

Help!???

Advertisements

Chronos0001

Chronos0001

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hello there,

When encountering a problem such as this, the first thing I do is run out to an empty feild and scream until my throat is so sore, I can stand it.

Just kidding, but I know it frustrating.

Ok, go to your control panel, and select multimedia and expand it.
There you will see a variety of things such as sound card, joystick port, and "mic"
If it has an X or other mark next to it, it may have an identifiable problem that you can tackle immediately.

If not, (and make sure you have the software installation for drivers before you do this) remove the entire mutimedia sub tree (everything under the main heading.)

I know this seems drastic, but I have found that doing this forces the hardware and software to synch together from an common starting point.

If this still does not work...

The options are very numerous, but one at a time.
Good luck