Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ACCESS 2000, Report!

• Please log in to reply

JuJu

JuJu

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi,
I have two questions on Access 2000:
1. I have an old database that I can't get into its design view!! How do we show/hide the design view?

2. I want to creat a report, that prompts the user for several parameters. For example, when I click on the report, I want it to prmopt me for (Country) and when I enter that I want it to prompt me for (Sector)...etc. In other words, I want to have the control of what data to be shown in the report using several parameters.

Anyone??
:tazz:

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Hi JuJu

1. I think that you will find that to be able to get into the design view you will have to convert the database to Access 2000 format. Earlier versions used a different format for the database.

2. Your Report should be based on what is called a Parameter Query. Without going into a long run down on them, look in the Help Files on the Overview and Creation of these type of Queries. You will find that they will perform the actions that you wish to perform.

HTH
"O"

JuJu

JuJu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thanks Octagonal,

How do I convert a db into a newer version?
and I used a parameter query, and it works now, but I want now to use a combobox when the query prompts the user instead of a text box (so the user will have to choose a predetermined value from the combobox instead of typing things in the query prompt box)..
For example, when I click on the report I want it to prompt me using a combobox for:
Sector: commodities, investment, etc.
and when I choose investment, the report will open showing all the records under investment for example..and so on..

Thanks in advance..

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Try This
Access help