Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
HI everyone,

My friend was recently using my computer in my absence. All of a sudden the dreaded blue screen showed up and the computer stopped. When i got back and tried to restart the computer it would get to the windows XP prof (where it loads..) and stops. It doesn't freeze as such, but simply fails to proceed. So i tried starting up in safe mode the next time and this was the blue screen error that i got

Stop    0x0000007A or KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

The Stop 0x7A message indicates that a page of kernel data was not found in the paging (virtual memory) file and could not be read into memory. This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers, firmware, or hardware.

Frequently, the cause of this error can be determined from the second parameter, the I/O status code. Some common status codes are:

* 0xC000009A, or STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES, indicates a lack of nonpaged pool resources.
    * 0xC000009C, or STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR, indicates bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk.
    * 0xC000009D, or STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED, indicates defective or loose data or power cables, a problem with SCSI termination, or improper controller or disk configuration.
    * 0xC000016A, or STATUS_DISK_OPERATI

I looked up on the internet, and found out that my third party SCSI drivers for my SATA hard drive might need to be installed again. So i got the third party drivers, put in the Windows XP professional CD and re-booted. I hit F6 when it asked me if i had the third party drivers and went ahead with the whole procedure. Then it got to the windows repair/reinstall part. I tried a repair but was unsuccessful. So i decied to re-install windows. I didn't want to format my hard disk - and not have to install all my stuff over. So the install went ahead, and deleted the earlier directory - but all of a sudden it came up with this error - "Could not create C:\windows\system " :tazz:

I could do with some help here, and try to get by this mess without having to format my hard disk completely. Also of late i have been having problems with the Fan on my computer - and i think it wasn;t cooling enough. Am not much of a hardware guy - but could this have caused soemhting to go wrong?? ;)

Hope someone could help me out here ;)

thanks

Advertisements

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Go here Repair Windows XP. This will help your problem :tazz: .

sunny441

sunny441

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Let me try that.. i will post back later in the day with the results

thanks

sunny441

sunny441

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
hi there

no luck with that. It had problem copying one of the files. ;) so i finally decided that a format was long over due - has been more than a year and there was too much software on my computer too. I had a backup, so it wasn;t a big deal. so i went ahead and formatted. Looks it is running good now - but i need a new heat sink and a fan, so it will be a while before i can get the computer running.

Thanks for the help anyway

Cheers
:tazz:

Edited by sunny441, 02 July 2005 - 11:37 AM.