Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows File Protection ? WHAT IS IT

• Please log in to reply

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
:tazz: HI , on my pc a window came up saying Windows File Protection and says this : 'Files That are Required For Windows To run properly have been replaced by Unrecognised versions. To Maintain System Stability,Windows must Restore the original Versions of these Files'. and then says please Insert your Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 CD Now!.

what i got my SP2 off www.microsoft.com

And WHAT SHALL I DO?????? ;)

Advertisements

poorak

poorak

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
;) hmm..got a nice problem
Same problem occured to me last year just after installing the much hyped SP2 .The crux of the matter is that plz use system file configuration utility to find the solution .....i think it would wrk....if it doesn't wrk get the system restored through "article" posted by admin.
Seriously i tried [bleep] lot of crooky soln.......but nothing to my despair happened >>>finally i formatted the whole of the drive (by pledging not to install sp2) and got my brand new windows reinstalled.......
That was my finale solution
:tazz:

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
did you try using your original XP CD??
if the problem is still there, there is a more complicated way of achieving an XP CD with SP2 is by slipstreaming the SP2 into your original installtion files from the CD.

http://www.winsupers..._slipstream.asp

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Anytine I've seen that error I've been able to use the original cd. Then go to MS and manually check for updates. Confirm your installations with qfecheck, a very useful tool. This tool is only for XP, as far as I know.

http://www.microsoft...&DisplayLang=en

Johanna