Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

moniter

• Please log in to reply

mattjenkins1990

mattjenkins1990

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
i am trying to fix a pc and i hav a majour problem ith the moniter it is plugged in but it is not on the light at the front of the moniter is flashing but the screen is black can someone please help me

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
When you first boot up the computer, do you have a video display on the monitor at all? Can you boot into the safe mode? Have you checked the monitor cables? Have you moved the computer recently, maybe jarred the box and maybe you need to re-seat the video card? Do you have another monitor you can try, or can you try this one on another computer? It may be that the monitor died. You just need to work through some basic troubleshooting.