Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

moniter

• Please log in to reply

mattjenkins1990

mattjenkins1990

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
i am trying to fix a pc and i hav a majour problem ith the moniter it is plugged in but it is not on the light at the front of the moniter is flashing but the screen is black can someone please help me

Advertisements

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
When the light is flashing on your monitor, that means that it is on (there is power to it) but no source is avaiable for the video. This means that there is a communication problem with your computer nd monitor. Check your blue monitor plug into your computer. or see if it is tightly fit into your moniotr. The communication error is most likely not the fault of you monitor. Thus, the blackness is caused by no signals being sent to the monitor. Thus, it will only remain black, or really just showing nothing, until somthing gives it a signal. I sound redundant, but I just want to put it as many ways as I can so if one sounds confusing, then maybe you will understand it another way I say things. Oh, and does the trying to fix you rcomputer part refer to the monitor problem or something else?

Peace,
Jared

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If the monitor is black that likely means the display adapter has the wrong drivers. Hold down the F8 key while booting and start up in safe mode. Right click on My Computer, choose Device manager and open the Display Adapter setting. Right click on it and remove the device. Windows will then use the default settings for the display, which will be 16 colors and 640X480. You may need to reboot for this to take effect, just hit control-alt-delete a couple of times to do that. You can then install the right drivers.