Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win Media Player problems

• Please log in to reply

BrownMike

BrownMike

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I ma having a problem with my windows media player and having it play sound. It will play videos just fine but without sound, and when i try to play mp3 files, it just skips over them till it gets to a video. When i try to play only noe mp3 file and not have a playlist, it says

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."

the funny thing is that winamp works perfectly fine and i get sound from everything else, so i dont think its the soundcard, i have tried reinstalling wmp to no avail. I have updated the sound drivers on my soundcard and tried to uninstall it and reinstall it. This problem has happened to me a couple times and it is really random because sometimes it will randomly fix itself and i will reboot my machine and everything will be back to normal. Any ideas?

Advertisements

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Do you have a Onboard sound or a PCI sound card

BrownMike

BrownMike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip