Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp home yahoo mail

• Please log in to reply

Wes Craven

Wes Craven

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I cannot figure out how to set the time (or if I can at all), so I know exactly when a person has sent me an email. Time sent is always in military time, and always hours ahead of my actual time here on the west coast. Example below, my time is 9:29 AM the 30th, but as you can see this says 4:26 PM in military time, can I change this to read the actual time PST?
30 Jun 2005 16:26:55 -0000

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

That is determined by the email server of the sender and I don't think you can change anything there!! Sorry!!

Murray

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
In Control Panel>Date & Time are all the property settings correct?

Johanna

Wes Craven

Wes Craven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
My settings are fine, and I did find out that it is determined by the server of the sender, The total is seven hours diff. So, I just have to subtract 4 hours from the time sent, as the east coast is three hours ahead.
Thanks for the reoplies, now I need to know how do I close this out?
Wes