Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 98 MBR PROB

• Please log in to reply

gauravit_1

gauravit_1

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello Geeks,

I did install Win XP in one of my partition alongwith win98.
Then I uninstalled it but now it gives me an option while booting. To choose between Win98 or WinXP. If i choose XP there is no XP. So what i mean to say is how to remove this entry from Master Boot Record.

Can anyone guide me how to do that.

One more thing I want to do is that I dont want to give any login details in win98.

I know it is possible to skip the login Dialog box but i have forgotten the trick.

Can any one advice me on that.

Gaurav

Advertisements

LINKUP20GS

LINKUP20GS

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Hello Geeks,

I did install Win XP in one of my partition alongwith win98.
Then I uninstalled it but now it gives me an option while booting. To choose between Win98 or WinXP. If i choose XP there is no XP. So what i mean to say is how to remove this entry from Master Boot Record.

Can anyone guide me how to do that.

One more thing I want to do is that I dont want to give any login details in win98.

I know it is possible to skip the login Dialog box but i have forgotten the trick.

Can any one advice me on that.

Gaurav

View Post

LINKUP20GS

LINKUP20GS

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I dont know how that last reply happened but to answer your question you have to go into your system info dialogue box. you know start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system information up in the tool bar, hit tools i believe system configuration is there advanced and uncheck show boot list or sumptin like that. i am not running win 98 and have not for a couple of years but i believe i am pretty close. good luck....