Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where can I?

• Please log in to reply

Night_Shift

Night_Shift

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey to all the people who know the answer,

I do so many things at one that i need another monitor connected

do you know where i can get a monitor splitter?

around manitoba please and thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you wanting to have seperate desktop space on each monitor? or the same data displayed on each? if you want seperate desktop space (such as; working on multiple documents at once and needing to view both as big as possible at the same time) you can get a new video card that supports dual monitors. you can set it up to continue your desktop over to the new monitor and drag stuff over there as if you were pushing it through the side of the monitors (i do it with my laptop when i need to do presentations on tvs (lets me keep my notes on my screen and just show the stuff i need to show on the tv)

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
If you are just looking for a splitter, in which case you wouldhave the same thing on each monitor, you can buy a cheap vga splitter at Radio Shack, but I think that in Canada, Radio Shack name no longer exists because of the law suit. Thus, if the store does not exist wither (I don't know) you can easily buy one online at like amazon.com... Try a pricegrabber search for online stores with it. Here is one serach for example. Click a product to see its stores:

http://www.pricegrab...tter&topcat_id=

Peace,
Jared