Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Camera (602a VGA)

• Please log in to reply

dixdix

dixdix

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have this camera and am trying to install it on a new Laptop (Windows XP), but I've lost the CD. I've searched the net for drivers etc. and found what seemed to be the correct one at Driverguide but its not worked. What should I do? Recognises it as new hardware but it won't recognise it as a camera...

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
go to the manufacturers website

dixdix

dixdix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Oh..err... I thought it was taken that I'd tried that. theres no markings or serial on the camera, but on my old PC it was called PC Camera (602a VGA) tried the site of VGA but no drivers or anything for webcams. A google search turned up a different problem but it said that its not well supported. If it helps, i have the drivers installed on another pc (windows 200 this time) but i don't know how to go aout copying them...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you could copy your entire drivers folder from that pc and then when you go to install the drivers for the camera point it to look in that location and see if it picks it up

dixdix

dixdix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
which would be the drivers folder? sys32 or the whole of windows? or what? I'm a bit shakey about what i'm doing

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do a search for the word drivers

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
see if there is an fcc id on the camera. you should be able to look up who made the camera on fcc.gov

now you could get a new camera. anywhere from 10$ to 80. last one I had was a $15.00 one that came with great software and worked with any camera. infact the camerea was as good as a logitech one.

what os are you on and is the camera usb?

dixdix

dixdix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
yep its USB, windows Xp. i think i'm onna have to find a new one somewhere for cheap. i can't find any number on it anywhere...

dixdix

dixdix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Ok i was resigned to get a new webcam, and checked Ebay, only to find my old one for sale... any idea what i can do with this info to get the driver?

Camera

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
contact the seller and see if they would be willing to send you a copy of the driver cd.