Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Authoring

• Please log in to reply

awang429

awang429

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a toshiba Satellite with a 3Ghz processor and a DVD +R burner. I have had no problems backing up movies with DVD D'Cxxxxxr and DVDSXXXk

What I am trying to do now is put my home movies onto DVD. My home movies are on analog 8mm tape and Digital 8. My sony handycam will firewire video to my harddrive where XP Home classifies it as a "video clip" file.

I have Win Movie Maker and some kind of software from SOnic that came with the computer but it doesn't look like either has a DVD burning capability.

I've tried to see if DVDSxxxxk will burn the file but it doesn't seem as though it even sees the file.

Am I correct in assuming that Win Movie Maker in the OEM version doesn't have what it takes?

What apps are available to take my analog and digital movies and put them on to DVD. I don't want to do anything fancy with them, maybe break them into chapters with some basic titles. All I really want is to preserve them a little better and be able to view them easier. Like i said, free apps would be awesome and inexpensive apps would be preferred.

Advertisements

TogTogTogTog

TogTogTogTog

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Nero
Nero should be able to do it easy. You do have to pay, but it is possible to download a 30 day trial;

RIGHT HERE