Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Are these parallel ports or serials

• Please log in to reply

dber

dber

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: I am trying to upgrade a computer that is used with automotive diagnostic equipment.
It is a DTK Corp. 286, © 1986/90 Datatech Enterprises Co.,Ltd. # 26120590
one of the devices plugs into a pair of what look like parallel ports only they are the male ends, instead of female, They are also labled "com1 and com2" (see attached pic)
What I really want to know is if there is a pci card that would have these, or maybe adaptor cables to fit some other interface (serial, USB, etc..) ;)
Thanks in advance!
Dbercoms.jpg

Advertisements

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Newegg has an adapter AMC USBA-S109 USB to Serial/PDA (DB9 and DB25) Converter...it should work for what you said you were trying to do. Comes with an additional adapter head for the parallel connection also.

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Here's a link to what I've used....

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16812147302

Hope this helps you. :tazz:

dber

dber

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
;) Thanks katkat92, I will check out their website, this would make things very easy. :tazz: