Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Code 12 in xp on a Pci to Pci bridge

• Please log in to reply

logan_macio_77

logan_macio_77

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a HP 522c AMD Athlon 2000+, running windows xp. There is an integrated video card that went bad. So in installed an AGP video card it is a 3D Prophet 4000XT 32 MB. Now that the card is installed when I have it activated there is a code 12 on one of the pci to pci bridges so that my network card in the other pci slots will not work. I have tried the network card on other computers and it works fine, i have also tried the video card and it works fine. I also tried other items in the pci slots while the agp card is in(modem, sound card) and i still recieve the same error. The card works when a pci bridge is enabled but only with the VGAsave driver and with very low quality. When i check the device manager while both pci to pci bridges are enabled, when i can only run the VGAsave driver, it says the there is a conflict under the I/O range with the VGAsave and an Pci to Pci bridge. Any windows updates just delets the pci to pci bridge listed in the device manager. And i have tried all the drivers i could from AMD, HP, Hercules. Any help would be welcomed on how to fix this.

Advertisements

logan_macio_77

logan_macio_77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Got it fixed.....just put in a video card with lower memory