Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

somethings been changed in bios

• Please log in to reply

JUNOS99

JUNOS99

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello i have a intel pentium 4 with plenty of balls and i won it in a competition, it is a desktop that had been setup for office use when trying to install my geforce graphics card my computer wouldnt reconise it (the fan on the card never ran) and when i pluged my monitor in to it it wouldnt work when trying to load drivers told me "no suitable driver found" but the drivers are auto detect for XP and thats what ive got.
so for the real problem after giving up on the graphics card i went to use my internal graphics but something has changed in bios and the screen will work fine during windows loading but as soon as windows should appear my screen goes blank, it is not a processor prob as i can hear my system running normally through the audio please help me.

Advertisements

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
is your monitor connected via the video card or the integrated connector? the BIOS loads the monitor and keyboard. If you have your monitor connected to the video card slot, it will show during boot up (as BIOS boots up) but will turn off when Windows loads because your graphics card is not recognized by Windows, only the BIOS (windows recognizes the integrated graphics.) So it comes back to my question: Is the monitor connected to the video card one or the one that came with your computer?

Peace,
Jared

JUNOS99

JUNOS99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
what i am looking for is a two part solution
1 how do i get my graphics card working

2 if that is faulty what are some possible changes that i have accidently made in BIOS that i havnt changed back to run my internal graphics

i have also tried loading optimal changes but that did not work

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
This is from Austin:

austin_o
post Yesterday, 10:34 PM
Post #4

Trusted Tech
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 26,640
Operating System:
xp

Random reboots are usually caused by heat, memory, driver issues or the power supply. If you just installed the new video card without cleaning up the drivers for the previous card, this could be the cause and it is easy to eliminate. Make sure you have the current driver for your new card available for install. Then go to http://www.drivercleaner.net/ and get Driver Cleaner (it is free). Then go to add/remove programs and delete the current driver. Then boot into safe mode and run Driver Cleaner TWICE, each time deleting all that it finds. You should also repeat the process to clean out the driver of the PREVIOUSLY installed video card. Then reboot and install the current driver for your new video card. If this does not solve the problem, work on the other possibilities.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That sounds like good advice to me.

Peace,
Jared

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
You first need to check the bios, usually accessed by pressing the del key during boot up. If you have onboard video, need to disable that and enable the AGP slot. Then follow the procedure in the post above by Jared.