Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

High ping, internet games all 1fps

• Please log in to reply

fbspazzy

fbspazzy

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Ok. 2 days ago my ISP came out ehre with 4 trucks and did something that fried my "filter" as they said and when i called they had no record of it. So they sent a truck out and fixed it, now whenever i try to play a game over the internet my ping is through the roof, and it has 1 fps.

P.S. my ISP is astound, i run windows xp on a 2.53 ghz, 512 mb ram, Nvidia geforce4 64 mb graphics card, and i regularly run spyware scans and avg free edition.

Advertisements

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
well call your isp back and tell them the problem is still not solved.
you got conenctivity but your ping is too high and it was not like this before.

fbspazzy

fbspazzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
ah, see this is where the problem starts -.- my ping on normal web pages is still blazingly fast, usually around 20-30ms. so they say that i am not having troubles. its only when i try to play any 3d games that has high pings and low fps, all the flash games that request information still work fine, i should have been more specific. thanks for the answer :tazz: ooh and thanks for the next one in advance.

fbspazzy

fbspazzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
anyone else have any ideas on this? it bugs me oh so much :tazz:

Site Administrator

Site Administrator

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Google LSPFix and try that program. Fixes alot of winsock errors

Attached Files

fbspazzy

fbspazzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
alright im not at my house right now, but ill try that when i get home, thank you.