Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE Settings and login problems

• Please log in to reply

VWarrior

VWarrior

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Greetings all!

Hope any of you's can help me, not sure Im in the right forum either but here goes.

I've been having some login problems on the interweb access with all my accounts i.e. hotmail, ebay paypal etc (list goes on) are not accessible. I have a network running with two laptops (both on XP and using IE and AOL!), one of them i can access my accounts the other (Mine) i can't. I can access the main site like normal but once i try and type my account or login it displays the webpage cannot be display screen.

I've ran all the spyware/malware progs going and getting no where fast. I have downloaded hijack software but not sure where i need to start. Also i can't update any of my ewido, bitdefender or spywareblaster software?

Any ideas peps would be apprecaited

Advertisements

fbspazzy

fbspazzy

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
check the internet settings on both computers and change the one that doesnt work to the same settings the one that works uses. hope i helped. not sure if i did though :tazz:

VWarrior

VWarrior

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thought of that already and been pissing about with the IE settings for a few days and getting now where.

Thanks for your input though

:tazz:

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Firewalls? do you have them running? if so are they configured correctly on the machine you are having problems with?

VWarrior

VWarrior

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have bitdefender firewall and it's configured as best as i can do. all the programs are on the 'ok' list to open ports. Could it be my router and may i need to port forward the program ports etc?

Thanks for your help much appreciated :tazz:

VWarrior

VWarrior

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Managed to sort most my problems out uninstalled bitdefender and put in AVG and corrected a few issues on windows start up.

Thanks for your help :tazz: