Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Smitfraud - Trojan desktop hijack - Antivir-gold [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

homespice

homespice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Justin,

I just ran Adaware and it showed a couple of things that it cleaned. Spybot found nothing. Do you think that Norton is giving me a false message? I was thinking of uninstalling and then reinstalling Norton to see if that fixes the problem. What do you think? Thanks again!!

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello. I apologize for the delay in someone getting back to you. Can you please post a fresh HijackThis log, so I can take a look and see where we're at??

homespice

homespice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Kat,

Thanks for responding. I decided to uninstall and reinstall Norton after not having any luck with anything else. It wouldn't install and I realized that my CD drives were not being recognized. They would show up right after I started my computer, but would then disappear. The computer was sitting right next to an air conditioning vent and I wondered if that was part of the problem. I covered the vent and the computer and the drives remained visible! Go figure. But Norton would still not load. I was discussing this with an IT guy at work and he offered to check it all out for me. So right now, my computer is sitting on the floor in his office. So I'm not able to do anything at this time. Hopefully, he'll be able to fix it. I'm very grateful for all the help this site has given me.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
You're quite welcome, and I'm glad that you are having the problem taken care of. If there's anything we can do in the future, please don't hesitate to come and ask! :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.